Skip to main content

Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti to reopen schools for classes 9 to 12 from 31 August; check details here

The Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, an independent body under the Ministry of Education, has decided to reopen the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNV) in a phased manner for classes 9 to 12.

According to the latest update, the JNVs will open for students with up to 50 percent attendance, from 31 August. Meanwhile, all classes will be conducted keeping in mind COVID-19 protocols and measures in the respective states and union territories.

“Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti has decided to reopen the JNVs up to 50 percent capacity, in a phased manner for classes IX to XII (9 to 12), as per the notification of States/UTs which have permitted reopening of schools by following approved SOP for opening schools,” a statement issued by the education ministry reads.

Further in the statement, the Ministry also informed that students will only be allowed to attend classes and stay in the respective hostel after the parent’s consent or agreement. In the meantime, the facility of online education will continue for students.

Moreover, the Samiti has made proper arrangements for students in providing support to ensure good mental and physical health through counselling in the organisation.

Under the Union Ministry of Education, there are more than 660 JNVs in India which are run by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. For the unversed, JNVs are co-educational respective schools that are associated with the Central Board of Secondary Education and are also fully residential. It’s the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti that manages these respective schools.

So far, states like Haryana, Delhi, and Uttar Pradesh have announced the commencement of offline classes from 1 September. Following suit, other states including Telangana and Assam have also announced the reopening of colleges and other higher education institutions.

Keeping in mind the safety of students, states have issued guidelines and SOPs to be followed by candidates and school authorities while resuming offline classes.



from Firstpost India Latest News https://ift.tt/2WrdBY6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 vaccination: Registration for citizens above 18 years of age starts today on CoWin, Aarogya Setu portals

The registration for COVID-19 vaccination for people above the age of 18 years in India started from today ( Wednesday, 28 April ). Those who are eligible for vaccination can register themselves on two applications, namely CoWin and Aarogya Setu, to book their slots for taking the vaccine jab. For those above the age of 18, coronavirus vaccination will start from 1 May. People above the age of 18 can take the following steps to register for the vaccination: Step 1 : Open the play store to download the CoWin app or visit CoWin.gov.in Step 2 : Register on the portal using your mobile number. You will receive an OTP. Enter it to complete the registration Step 3 : You will have to enter your personal details including the number of your photo identification Step 4 : After the registration, select the date, time, and venue for your COVID-19 vaccination Step 5 : Visit the vaccination centre with your appointment slip and receive your first jab Once a person receives the first jab, th...

7 leopard cubs die at Bengaluru biological park after virus attack: Report

Seven leopard cubs have died at Bannerghatta Biological Park in Bengaluru after being infected by a highly contagious virus, officials said on Tuesday. Feline panleukopenia (FP) is a viral disease of cats caused by the feline parvovirus. Kittens are most severely affected by the virus, they said. The seven cubs were aged between three and eight months. All of them were vaccinated but succumbed during the course of treatment. According to officials, the first outbreak was reported on August 22. Executive Director of Bannerghatta Biological Park, AV Surya Sen said though the seven cubs were vaccinated, they were still infected. “It is now under control and in the last 15 days, no deaths have been reported. We have completely broken the chain and taken all necessary measures. We followed all the required procedure and also held discussions with all our senior veterinarians. All correct course of action was taken. Also, we have ensured hygiene of the entire zoo and the rescue centre wa...

Power supply, healthcare facilities remain concern for Asia’s oldest monastery

Uninterrupted power supply and access to medical care remain important worries for Asia’s oldest monastery in Arunachal Pradesh’s Tawang. The waste left behind by the monastery’s expanding number of tourists has also become a source of concern for Abbot Shedling Tulku Thupten Tendar Rinpoche, the monastery’s chief. The Rinpoche, who has been the head of the Tawang Monastery for a year, is pleased with the monks and learners under him, but he is concerned about other facilities accessible to them. Tawang Monastery is Asia’s second largest and oldest. It was established between 1680 and 1681. Speaking to PTI in his native Tibetan through an interpreter, Rinpoche said, “The monks of our monastery are much disciplined and concentrate on their studies. They have been following the laid-down traditions well enough. “For us, one major issue is healthcare facilities. In case of any health-related emergency, our monks have to travel to Guwahati or Tezpur. If the government can ensure simil...