Skip to main content

Israel-Hamas War: India sounds nation-wide security alert to secure Israelis in the country

As the Israel-Hamas war escalates, a nationwide security alert has been sounded by India to secure Israeli nationals in the country.

The alert was shared with all concerned security establishments and police earlier on Friday asking to strengthen the security of a few listed places.

The alert has been announced to secure Israeli nationals, including diplomats, staff, and tourists.

Heavy deployments have been made at places with a high footfall of Israeli nationals, delegates, Kosher restaurants, museums, schools, resorts, and tourist spots, a top government official told News18.

As per sources, cops, including local police, have been asked to deploy patrolling staff for round-the-clock monitoring. Also, additional forces will be given to local police if required to make sure Israeli nationals in India are safe.

“In view of the latest development, it is requested to strengthen the security arrangement for Israeli missions, diplomats, officials, staff, business establishments, Chabad houses, Jewish community centres,” the top government official said.

According to reports, police will be deployed in large numbers during Friday prayers and security has been amped up at Jewish religious establishments and the Israel Embassy.

Apart from India, many countries – including the US, UK, France and Germany, have increased security around “potential Jewish targets” and “pro-Palestinian protesters” in view of the escalating violence in Israel.

On Thursday, France banned all pro-Palestinian demonstrations in the interest of public order. Critics of the ban argue that it infringes on freedom of speech and assembly.

The Israeli casualties surged past 1,300, while Gaza authorities have reported the deaths of over 1,500 Palestinians as the Israel-Hamas war entered its seventh day on Friday. The total death toll currently stands at around 2,800.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, soon after the surprise and unprecedented attack by Hamas on Saturday (7 October), declared a “state of war’ and vowed to reduce Gaza to rubble.

Meanwhile, the flight under ‘Operation Ajay’ landed in New Delhi on Friday which evacuated 212 Indian nationals stranded in war-hit Israel.



from Firstpost India Latest News https://ift.tt/XRdaMpv

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 vaccination: Registration for citizens above 18 years of age starts today on CoWin, Aarogya Setu portals

The registration for COVID-19 vaccination for people above the age of 18 years in India started from today ( Wednesday, 28 April ). Those who are eligible for vaccination can register themselves on two applications, namely CoWin and Aarogya Setu, to book their slots for taking the vaccine jab. For those above the age of 18, coronavirus vaccination will start from 1 May. People above the age of 18 can take the following steps to register for the vaccination: Step 1 : Open the play store to download the CoWin app or visit CoWin.gov.in Step 2 : Register on the portal using your mobile number. You will receive an OTP. Enter it to complete the registration Step 3 : You will have to enter your personal details including the number of your photo identification Step 4 : After the registration, select the date, time, and venue for your COVID-19 vaccination Step 5 : Visit the vaccination centre with your appointment slip and receive your first jab Once a person receives the first jab, th...

7 leopard cubs die at Bengaluru biological park after virus attack: Report

Seven leopard cubs have died at Bannerghatta Biological Park in Bengaluru after being infected by a highly contagious virus, officials said on Tuesday. Feline panleukopenia (FP) is a viral disease of cats caused by the feline parvovirus. Kittens are most severely affected by the virus, they said. The seven cubs were aged between three and eight months. All of them were vaccinated but succumbed during the course of treatment. According to officials, the first outbreak was reported on August 22. Executive Director of Bannerghatta Biological Park, AV Surya Sen said though the seven cubs were vaccinated, they were still infected. “It is now under control and in the last 15 days, no deaths have been reported. We have completely broken the chain and taken all necessary measures. We followed all the required procedure and also held discussions with all our senior veterinarians. All correct course of action was taken. Also, we have ensured hygiene of the entire zoo and the rescue centre wa...

Power supply, healthcare facilities remain concern for Asia’s oldest monastery

Uninterrupted power supply and access to medical care remain important worries for Asia’s oldest monastery in Arunachal Pradesh’s Tawang. The waste left behind by the monastery’s expanding number of tourists has also become a source of concern for Abbot Shedling Tulku Thupten Tendar Rinpoche, the monastery’s chief. The Rinpoche, who has been the head of the Tawang Monastery for a year, is pleased with the monks and learners under him, but he is concerned about other facilities accessible to them. Tawang Monastery is Asia’s second largest and oldest. It was established between 1680 and 1681. Speaking to PTI in his native Tibetan through an interpreter, Rinpoche said, “The monks of our monastery are much disciplined and concentrate on their studies. They have been following the laid-down traditions well enough. “For us, one major issue is healthcare facilities. In case of any health-related emergency, our monks have to travel to Guwahati or Tezpur. If the government can ensure simil...